Britax Roundabout G4 is the most user friendly Britax G4 convertible car seat model given its simple design and responsive features
Britax Roundabout G4
While the Britax Roundabout G4 is on the lower end of Britax car seats in terms of safety and price, it does not suggest it’s not being safe by any means.
It simply provides slightly less protection than the other Britax G4 convertible car seat models do.
The simple design and responsive features of the Britax Roundabout G4 makes it user friendly, snugly fitting in nearly all types of vehicles and rarely fails when a child is in danger.
The Britax Roundabout G4 is more durable compared to many high-end seats in the market because of its quality materials, innovative design technology and tough in-molded shell.
It consists of a tried and tested design, lacks harsh chemicals irritating delicate baby skin and produced using stringent manufacturing guidelines.
While the Britax Roundabout G4 is very similar to the Britax Marathon G4, it is lower by 17.5 lbs in terms of weight and slightly shorter in terms of height.
Check Out this Review:
Britax Roundabout G4 Features:
- Side Impact Protection through high impact and energy absorbing EPP foam, acting as a barrier or protector against injury from side impact, limiting injury to the head and body in the event of a crash
- protects against flying debris and objects, ensuring them to hit the side EPP foam first, cushioning any contact made with the car seat
- protects the chest of the child
- Safecell technology for car seat forward rotation prevention in the event of a crash, limiting any potential injury
- standard integrated steel bars for forward movement a.k.a. forward flexing in the event of a crash
- Versa-Tether, i.e. impact absorbing technology, for movement limitation, preventing injury
- 5 point harness for car seat height variation as the child grows, ensuring child comfort
- a simple push button detaches the car seat from its latch connectors
- can be used for both rear and front facing positions
- weight range is from 5 to 40 lbs for rear facing
- weight range is from 20 to 55 lbs for front facing
Britax Roundabout G4 Pros & Cons:
- ease of use, very simple to set up and install, literally within minutes
- high density foam, making sitting very comfortable, necessary for long road trips
- reclining feature adds extra comfort, relaxation and personalization
- simple removal process from car makes it portable and great for air travel, a great solution for parents looking for a safe and reliable car seat for the purpose
- easy removal of car seat cover for cleaning, without need for car seat disassembly
- get your very own Britax Roundabout G4 right here and now!
- requires retreading as the baby grows
- does not include an additional foam layer for protection against side impact like the Britax Marathon G4 does
What People Say about the Britax Roundabout G4:
“I am very happy with this carseat purchase for my two year old daughter to replace a Graco carseat that was a hand-me-down. The Graco was over six years old, so I felt that it was not up-to-date with the most current safety standards. I watched the Britax movie clip on it’s safety features and was very impressed. This is very sturdy! Much more sturdy than the Graco one that we had. It just looks safer. For example, there are sides to the car seat to protect the side of your child’s head… which our Graco one did not have. This car seast just seems very safe. I also like the fact that it is made in the US. This is my first Britax purchase, and I am so happy that for future children, I plan to stay with the Britax brand. I know understand why this brand is much more expensive than other brands. I’ve seen cheaper car seats… but the plastic is thin and wobbly. Like I said, if you shake this car seat around in the store, the plastic seems more thick/solid/sturdy than other brands.” – J. Dow “Kelly”
“We purchased two Britax Convertible car seats. This one, which is the Roundabout G4, purchased in the Silverlake style, and the Marathon G4 in Cowmooflage. This was the less expensive of the two, and I actually like this one a little more. I like the material of the Silverlake over the Cowmooflage. The Silverlake seems cooler on hot days, and is easier to clean than the Cowmooflage. I think the only difference between the Roundabout and the Marathon is the “HUGS” component found on the Marathon (the two gray pieces that run perpendicular on her chest.) Not sure exactly what they are for—I’m sure it’s an additional safety feature, but not sure they are really needed.” – RobinATL
“Nice, easy to install car seat for the price. It’s not as plush as our other Chicco seat (as far as the softness and padding) but I didn’t give as much for this either!!
It is worlds above the Graco, Safety First, etc. that you see in the stores everywhere though. For the price, it can’t be beat. We use this for Grandma’s car and although she’s not up on carseats at all, she is able to use this one without issues.
If you are trying to balance an easy to install, extra safe seat on a budget, this is the way to go.
I got mine on a warehouse deal, so I was especially pleased with the price.
The straps and buckles are much easier than the other ‘big names’ and I think the safety features are more impressive. We are not good at installing car seats but this one went in easily.” – Cynthia
Tags:britax,Britax Car Seat,Britax Convertible Car Seat,Britax Roundabout,Britax Roundabout G4,Britax Roundabout G4 Convertible Car Seat