Britax Roundabout 55
The Britax Roundabout 55 convertible car seat is a highly efficient for children’s safety when an accident may happen.
The updates include the seats weight capacity of 55 pounds thus making the usage of the car seat for an additional year or 2.
This is the updated version of the older Roundabout 40 which also has positive reviews. This convertible car seat achieves maximum head safety thru the combination of the Britax Safe Cell Technology (integrated steel bars) and the Versa-Tether.
Britax Roundabout 55 features these technologies to minimize injury to a kid in the most frequent type of crashes, the frontal, side impact crashes.
It may safely guard a kid’s life in any direction at all.
This convertible car seat for kids, the Britax Roundabout 55 features Safe-Cell Technology that is a material designed to compress and the collapse inward in case of accidents. These features will lower the center the gravity of the seat and then it counteracts the forward rotation of a kid thus preventing a massive frontal impact. The Roundabout 55 has integrated steel bars that strengthen the adherence.
While the energy absorbing Versa-Tether is the material that is attached to the vehicle that presents a stage-released tether webbing function that reduces the force of impact. As a matter of fact only Britax has this Versa-Tether feature.
It also features an extra absorbing EPP (Expanded Polypropylene) foam on the headrests side. This Side Impact Protection offers great safety in side impacts.
The harness enables the distribution of crash forces across the strongest parts of the body and offers a very secure fit.
Customers That Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Comfort of Using
The Britax Roundabout 55 seat padding is very thick and lavish. Its cover is a corduroy-like material what is so soft but doesn’t introduce much heat in summer. This is ideal for sleeping.
The Tangle-Free, Five-Point harness of the Britax Roundabout 55 is easy to adjust. It can be adjusted by simply pulling the mechanism in the center of the seat and make the right tension for safety. To loosen the straps, simply lift up the metal lever and then pull it down at the shoulder straps.
Take A Look at this Britax Roundabout 55 Video
- Dimensions: 19.5 inches length, 18.5 inches width and 26 inches height
- Weight: 17 pounds
- Weight Capacity: 55 pounds
- Standing Height: 46 inches or maybe less
- Seating Compartment Height: 23.5 inches
- Seat Area (deep/width): 11/11
- Shoulder Width: 13 inches
- Harness slot: 8.5/11.5/14/16.5 inches
- Buckle Strap Depths: 5/7.5
Pros of Britax Roundabout 55
- Safe-Cell Technology: to compress in crash, lowering the center of the gravity and counteracting the forward rotation of the seat
- Side-Impact Protection: comprised of deep side walls with an energy absorbing EEP foam in the headrest part.
- Tangle-Free, Five-Point Harness: provides secure fit
- Rear and Forward Recline: for comfort position
- Anti-Slip Contoured Base: grips the seat for vehicle fit
- Convenient Harness Holders: keep harness straps out of the way when placing a kid on the seat
- Energy Absorbing Versa-Tether: slows the forward movement and minimizes the forward rotation
- Integrated Steel Bars: strengthens the connection of the seat to the vehicle
- Premium Lower Latch Connectors: for a quick and easy installation (push button release)
Cons of Britax Roundabout 55
The Britax Roundabout 55 is designed for kids rear facing 5-40 pounds and forward facing up to 55 pounds. With the use of highly efficient features of the seat safely protects a kid’s brain and spinal chord thus making it definitely remarkable for optimum kid’s safety when a crash may happen.
Incoming search terms:
- britax roundabout 55