Britax Pioneer 70 is a worthwhile consideration for a high-weight, high-harness harness-2-booster car seat, being safe, sturdy and comfortable when installed
Britax Pioneer 70
The Britax Pioneer 70 is the more affordable harness-2-booster car seat option, i.e., not coming with all the features of the more expensive options.
Having one of the most open belt paths makes it easy enough to install and its LATCH installation is also straightforward with connectors storing beautifully and conveniently.
Harness tightening with the Britax Pioneer 70 is nice and smooth while changing the harness height is easy while installed, provided the harness is loose enough.
An awesome feature of the Britax Pioneer 70 is its changeable crotch strap position while the seat is installed, very handy for using the car seat for children of varying sizes.
Its slit for harness release lever access is positioned about an inch further back, compared to the other Britax harness-2-booster car seat options, making it much easier to reach.
The Britax Pioneer 70 is a worthwhile consideration for a high-weight, high-harness combination car seat, being safe, sturdy and comfortable when installed.
Check Out this Review:
Britax Pioneer 70 Fit Chart:
- Minimum Harness Age is 2 years
- Seated Shoulder Height is 12.5” to 19.5” for forward facing and 15” to 22” for booster
- Weight is 25 lbs to 70 lbs for forward facing and 40 lbs to 110 lbs for booster
- Height is 30” to 56” for forward facing and 45” to 60” for booster
Britax Pioneer 70 General Features:
General features are features shared by Britax Pioneer 70 with the other Britax harness-2-booster car seat options.
- Base with SafeCell Technology designed to keep your child safe and secure in a crash by compressing and significantly lowering the center of gravity, reducing the forward movement of the car seat
- True Side Impact Protection provides deep side walls and a head restraint with energy-absorbing EPS foam to distribute crash forces, shield from vehicle intrusion, and contain the head, neck and body while keeping them “in true” or aligned
- Integrated Steel Bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash
- Energy Absorbing Versa-Tether anchors the top of the car seat to the vehicle using a two-point attachment, minimizing the amount of forward movement of the car seat. Stage-released stitching helps reduce the crash forces reaching the child
- Compatible with SecureGuard which works with the vehicle safety belt in booster mode to prevent the child from sliding under the lap-belt portion of the safety belt during impact, thus minimizing the risk of abdominal injury (accessory sold separately)
- Front-Adjust Recline for optimal child comfort
- Comfort Foam provides an extra layer of padding to cushion your child
- Quick-Adjust No-Rethread Harness easily adjusts the harness shoulder height and head restraint from the front of the seat without disassembling the harness straps
- Integrated Cup Holders and Storage are designed for easy access to children’s cups, snacks and toys
- Easy Transition from Harness to Booster Mode without removing harness straps
- Easy-Remove Cover allows easy cleaning without disassembling or uninstalling the car seat
- Color-Coded Vehicle Belt Guides provide clear indication of the path and positioning of the vehicle seat belt for use in either harness or booster mode
- Armrests provide a natural and comfortable place to rest arms
- Two Buckle Positions for your growing child
- Premium Lower LATCH Connectors included
- Harness-2-Booster converts to a belt-positioning booster seat
- Certified for Aircraft Travel in Harness Mode
- Made in the USA with global components
Britax Pioneer 70 Specific Features
- Maximum Seated Shoulder Height for both forward facing and booster is 1” less than other Britax harness-2-booster options
- Maximum Height for both forward facing and booster is 2” less than other Britax harness-2-booster car seat options
- 70-pound Weight Capacity in Harness Mode allows your child to remain harnessed up to 70 lbs
- 110-pound Weight Capacity in Booster Mode for safety and comfort as your child grows
- Easy-Access Belt Paths simplify installation when using the vehicle seat belt
- Fabric prints are Garden Gate, Kiwi, Onyx, Redwood, Silvercloud, Congo and Dakota
Britax Pioneer 70 Pros & Cons:
- competitive price
- size maximums
- easy installation
- easy-on/off covers
- better harness-release slot placement
- well-padded comfortable design not promoting head slumping
- get your very own Britax Pioneer 70 right here and now!
- quirky belt path
- mixed quality
What People Say About the Britax Pioneer 70:
“LOVE this car seat! I love Britax and their seats are super sturdy and safe. This seat is easy to install and I feel confident in its safety and how secure it is in my car. we are using it as a harness seat, but I love that we will be able to use it as a booster when my son grows.” – Matthew Clemens
“This weighs a million pounds (or seems like it, anyway) but I’m telling myself that means it’s safer. As always, great product from Britax. Have a more expensive model of this for daily use and this one is backup. Happy I went with this, although less expensive than the ones with all the bells and whistles, works just fine and is built well. This one does not have the easy install function, but was not bothersome. Relative to expiration date, I ordered in September, and received one that was manufactured in August.” – jennyf
“My son is 4 1/2 and tall for his age (47″) so I had to move him from his convertible seat to this. I wanted a 5 point harness bc he is still young. This booster seat is perfect and my son loves it. I have not found any complaints for it yet.” – B.G.
Tags:britax,Britax Harness-2-Booster Car Seat,Britax Pioneer,Britax Pioneer 70,Britax Pioneer 70 Harness-2-Booster Car Seat