Britax Pinnacle ClickTight is the top-of-the-line harness-2-booster model taking all the best parts of the Britax Pioneer 70 and Britax Frontier ClickTight, adding a few more features, specifically SICT
Britax Pinnacle ClickTight
The Britax Pinnacle ClickTight is an excellent option for an easy to install harness-2-booster car seat, that is a piece of cake to use properly, packed with easy to use features.
This top-of-the-line model takes all the best parts of the Britax Pioneer 70 and Britax Frontier ClickTight, adding a few more features, specifically SICT a.k.a. Side Impact Cushion Technology.
The SICT of the Britax Pinnacle ClickTight consists of big wings on the sides of the seat in the form of energy-absorbing cushions, designed to reduce side impact crash energy by diverting crash forces before reaching the child, thereby providing extra protection to the adjacent passenger.
These SICT cushions add a 3rd layer of protection to the child’s head and neck area, in addition to True Side Impact Protection provided by the headwings and the deep side walls.
An extra flat piece on the lap belt portion of the booster belt guide in the Britax Pinnacle ClickTight allows for the provision of an excellent belt fit, making buckling a child a bit easier.
Because its base sits fairly flat and designed to compress in a crash, the Britax Pinnacle ClickTight significantly lowers the center of gravity, resulting to a reduction in the forward movement of the car seat during a crash.
This translates to a seat that sits low enough, reducing the struggle of loading a child into the seat, requiring only a minimal amount of urging.
Check Out this Review:
Britax Pinnacle ClickTight Fit Chart:
- Minimum Harness Age is 2 years
- Seated Shoulder Height is 12.5” to 20.5” for forward facing and 15” to 23” for booster
- Weight is 25 lbs to 90 lbs for forward facing and 40 lbs to 120 lbs for booster
- Height is 30” to 58” for forward facing and 45” to 62” for booster
Britax Pinnacle ClickTight General Features:
The following general features are features shared by Britax Pinnacle ClickTight with the other Britax harness-2-booster car seat options.
- Base with SafeCell Technology designed to keep your child safe and secure in a crash by compressing and significantly lowering the center of gravity, reducing the forward movement of the car seat
- True Side Impact Protection provides deep side walls and a head restraint with energy-absorbing EPS foam to distribute crash forces, shield from vehicle intrusion, and contain the head, neck and body while keeping them “in true” or aligned
- Integrated Steel Bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash
- Energy Absorbing Versa-Tether anchors the top of the car seat to the vehicle using a two-point attachment, minimizing the amount of forward movement of the car seat. Stage-released stitching helps reduce the crash forces reaching the child
- Compatible with SecureGuard which works with the vehicle safety belt in booster mode to prevent the child from sliding under the lap-belt portion of the safety belt during impact, thus minimizing the risk of abdominal injury (accessory sold separately)
- Front-Adjust Recline for optimal child comfort
- Comfort Foam provides an extra layer of padding to cushion your child
- Quick-Adjust No-Rethread Harness easily adjusts the harness shoulder height and head restraint from the front of the seat without disassembling the harness straps
- Integrated Cup Holders and Storage are designed for easy access to children’s cups, snacks and toys
- Easy Transition from Harness to Booster Mode without removing harness straps
- Easy-Remove Cover allows easy cleaning without disassembling or uninstalling the car seat
- Color-Coded Vehicle Belt Guides provide clear indication of the path and positioning of the vehicle seat belt for use in either harness or booster mode
- Armrests provide a natural and comfortable place to rest arms
- Two Buckle Positions for your growing child
- Premium Lower LATCH Connectors included
- Harness-2-Booster converts to a belt-positioning booster seat
- Certified for Aircraft Travel in Harness Mode
- Made in the USA with global components
The following general features are features shared by Britax Pinnacle ClickTight with Britax Frontier ClickTight.
- Maximum Seated Shoulder Height for both forward facing and booster is 1” more than the Britax Pioneer 70
- Maximum Height for both forward facing and booster is 2” more than the Britax Pioneer 70
- 90-pound Weight Capacity in Harness Mode allows your child to remain harnessed up to 90 lbs
- 120-pound Weight Capacity in Booster Mode for safety and comfort as your child grows
- EZ-Buckle System retains the harness buckle in a forward position and prevents the child from sitting on the buckle when boarding
- HUGS (Harness Ultra Guard System) Chest Pads provide resistance to forward movement in the event of a crash
- ClickTight Installation System makes car seat installation as simple as buckling a seat belt so that now everyone can install with REAL confidence in just a few easy steps
- Fabric prints are Cactus Flower, Congo, Desert Palm, Onyx, Zebra, Broadway, Cityscape and Manhattan
Britax Pinnacle ClickTight Specific Feature
- Side Impact Cushion Technology features energy-absorbing cushions on the exterior of the child seat to reduce side impact crash energy by diverting crash forces before reaching your child and providing extra protection for the adjacent passenger
Britax Pinnacle ClickTight Pros & Cons:
- easy to install & easy to adjust
- get your very own Britax Pinnacle ClickTight right here and now!
- heavy and bulky
- not lightweight to move comfortably between cars on a regular basis
- not a great option for multiple seat installation in a row
What People Say About the Britax Pinnacle ClickTight:
“The perfect seat for my 5 year old boy. We have tried “Graco® Argos™ 80 Elite 3-in-1 Booster” and “Graco® Nautilus™ 3-in-1 Car Seat with Safety Surround”. Both of them were absolute waste of time and money. My son also was very uncomfortable on them. The moment he sat on Pinnacle 90 he goes “this is as comfortable as the one we had in England” (He had a Britax back in England as well). Both Gracos are going back.” – Champ
“Awesome car seat for kids. I have another cheaper Graco Nautilus for my other car, so I can see and appreciate the value this seat brings in.
- It is a breeze to fix it, and it once it is in it won’t move an inch.
- Very easy to remove it as well, and fit it another car.
- The Belt system is very smooth, With my Graco I struggle every morning to make sure the kid is secure and I don’t pinch her thigh while snapping in the belt around her crouch area.
Some of these may seem like minor, but if you have to do this over and over every day for years to come, its worth paying the extra up front.” – M. Bhatia
“Thankfully we haven’t had to put it to the test, but this is the second one we bought. We have two big boys and these keep them comfortable. Age 3 (65 lbs) Age 5 (57 lbs) they both have room to grow in these and we feel like they are safe and secure with the five point belt. The click secure feature makes it real easy to put in but the seat is so heavy that we don’t take them out, that and we have the strap going behind the vehicles seat and clipped onto a cargo tie down.” – Robert C
Tags:britax,Britax Harness-2-Booster Car Seat,Britax Pinnacle,Britax Pinnacle ClickTight,Britax Pinnacle ClickTight Harness-2-Booster Car Seat