Britax Harness-2-Booster Car Seats prolong the time a child enjoys being restrained with a 5 point harness
Britax Harness-2-Booster Car Seats
The Britax Harness-2-Booster Car Seats aim to prolong the period of time a child enjoys the security of being restrained in a car seat with the assistance of a 5 point harness.
The problem with transferring a child to a standard booster seat, at around 4 years old, lies in his physical inability to sit up straight enough, coupled with the fact that his body may not necessarily be strong enough to cope with collision forces, while restrained solely by an adult seat belt.
The Britax Harness-2-Booster Car Seats avoid this problem altogether by enabling the child to remain harnessed until their weight exceeds 70 to 90pounds.
Because the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends children to remain rear facing until 2 years old, the minimum age set for use of the Britax Harness-2-Booster Car Seats is 2 years while the minimum weight is set to 25 lbs.
The Britax Harness-2-Booster Car Seats come in 3 models, i.e., Britax Pioneer 70, Britax Frontier ClickTight and Britax Pinnacle ClickTight.
Britax Harness-2-Booster Car Seats General Features
General features are features shared by all Britax Harness-2-Booster Car Seats.
- Base with SafeCell Technology designed to keep your child safe and secure in a crash by compressing and significantly lowering the center of gravity, reducing the forward movement of the car seat
- True Side Impact Protection provides deep side walls and a head restraint with energy-absorbing EPS foam to distribute crash forces, shield from vehicle intrusion, and contain the head, neck and body while keeping them “in true” or aligned
- Integrated Steel Bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash
- Energy Absorbing Versa-Tether anchors the top of the car seat to the vehicle using a two-point attachment, minimizing the amount of forward movement of the car seat. Stage-released stitching helps reduce the crash forces reaching the child
- Compatible with SecureGuard which works with the vehicle safety belt in booster mode to prevent the child from sliding under the lap-belt portion of the safety belt during impact, thus minimizing the risk of abdominal injury (accessory sold separately)
- Front-Adjust Recline for optimal child comfort
- Comfort Foam provides an extra layer of padding to cushion your child
- Quick-Adjust No-Rethread Harness easily adjusts the harness shoulder height and head restraint from the front of the seat without disassembling the harness straps
- Integrated Cup Holders and Storage are designed for easy access to children’s cups, snacks and toys
- Easy Transition from Harness to Booster Mode without removing harness straps
- Easy-Remove Cover allows easy cleaning without disassembling or uninstalling the car seat
- Color-Coded Vehicle Belt Guides provide clear indication of the path and positioning of the vehicle seat belt for use in either harness or booster mode
- Armrests provide a natural and comfortable place to rest arms
- Two Buckle Positions for your growing child
- Premium Lower LATCH Connectors included
- Harness-2-Booster converts to a belt-positioning booster seat
- Certified for Aircraft Travel in Harness Mode
- Made in the USA with global components
Check Out this Review:
Britax Pioneer 70
The Britax Pioneer 70 is the more affordable among the 3 Britax Harness-2-Booster Car Seats, i.e., not coming with all the features of the more expensive options.
Britax Pioneer 70 Fit Chart:
- Minimum Harness Age is 2 years
- Seated Shoulder Height is 12.5” to 19.5” for forward facing and 15” to 22” for booster
- Weight is 25 lbs to 70 lbs for forward facing and 40 lbs to 110 lbs for booster
- Height is 30” to 56” for forward facing and 45” to 60” for booster
Britax Pioneer 70 Specific Features:
- Maximum Seated Shoulder Height for both forward facing and booster is 1” less than the other Britax Harness-2-Booster Car Seats
- Maximum Height for both forward facing and booster is 2” less than the other Britax Harness-2-Booster Car Seats
- 70-pound Weight Capacity in Harness Mode allows your child to remain harnessed up to 70 lbs
- 110-pound Weight Capacity in Booster Mode for safety and comfort as your child grows
- Easy-Access Belt Paths simplify installation when using the vehicle seat belt
- Fabric prints are Garden Gate, Kiwi, Onyx, Redwood, Silvercloud, Congo and Dakota
Britax Frontier ClickTight
The Britax Frontier ClickTight is an awesome choice for a highback harness-2-booster car seat, with its implementation of the ClickTight Installation System.
Britax Frontier ClickTight Fit Chart:
- Minimum Harness Age is 2 years
- Seated Shoulder Height is 12.5” to 20.5” for forward facing and 15” to 23” for booster
- Weight is 25 lbs to 90 lbs for forward facing and 40 lbs to 120 lbs for booster
- Height is 30” to 58” for forward facing and 45” to 62” for booster
Britax Frontier ClickTight Specific Features
- Maximum Seated Shoulder Height for both forward facing and booster is 1” more than the Britax Pioneer 70
- Maximum Height for both forward facing and booster is 2” more than the Britax Pioneer 70
- 90-pound Weight Capacity in Harness Mode allows your child to remain harnessed up to 90 lbs
- 120-pound Weight Capacity in Booster Mode for safety and comfort as your child grows
- EZ-Buckle System retains the harness buckle in a forward position and prevents the child from sitting on the buckle when boarding
- HUGS (Harness Ultra Guard System) Chest Pads provide resistance to forward movement in the event of a crash
- ClickTight Installation System makes car seat installation as simple as buckling a seat belt so that now everyone can install with REAL confidence in just a few easy steps
- Fabric prints are Cactus Flower, Congo, Desert Palm, Onyx, Zebra, Broadway, Cityscape and Manhattan
Britax Pinnacle ClickTight
The Britax Pinnacle ClickTight is the top-of-the-line harness-2-booster model taking all the best parts of the Britax Pioneer 70 and Britax Frontier ClickTight, adding a few more features, specifically SICT.
Britax Pinnacle ClickTight Fit Chart
The Britax Pinnacle ClickTight Fit Chart is the same as that of the Britax Frontier ClickTight.
Britax Pinnacle ClickTight Specific Features
The specific features of the Britax Pinnacle ClickTight are the same as the Britax Frontier ClickTight with one very important addition:
- Side Impact Cushion Technology features energy-absorbing cushions on the exterior of the child seat to reduce side impact crash energy by diverting crash forces before reaching your child and providing extra protection for the adjacent passenger
Tags:britax,Britax Frontier ClickTight,Britax Harness-2-Booster Car Seats,Britax Pinnacle ClickTight,Britax Pioneer 70