Britax Frontier ClickTight is an awesome choice for a highback harness-2-booster car seat, featuring the ClickTight Installation System
Britax Frontier ClickTight
The Britax Frontier ClickTight is an awesome choice for a highback harness-2-booster car seat, to be used starting at 2 years old, as a harness up to 90 lbs and a booster up to 120 lbs.
The addition of a ClickTight Installation System is the biggest change in the Britax Frontier ClickTight, relegating the days of worrying about a tight enough installation to the past.
This system allows installation of the car seat, using the vehicle’s seat belt, in harness mode, ensuring a tight installation, secured by tensioning and locking the seat belt into place.
The HUGS a.k.a. Harness Ultra Guard System of the Britax Frontier ClickTight reduces forward child movement in the event of a crash, by adding friction to the harness against the child’s chest as he moves forward.
A new feature of the Britax Frontier ClickTight is the front adjust harness, removing the need for child harness rethreading and car seat uninstallation for harness adjustment from the back.
The Britax Frontier ClickTight has the best 5 point harness technology, allowing for 9 different height positions, distributing crash forces across the strongest body parts while providing a secure fit.
A simple feature of the Britax Frontier ClickTight is its fantastically amazing cup holders, that give a child the perfect place to put his drinks and snacks while on the go.
Check Out this Review:
Britax Frontier ClickTight Fit Chart:
- Minimum Harness Age is 2 years
- Seated Shoulder Height is 12.5” to 20.5” for forward facing and 15” to 23” for booster
- Weight is 25 lbs to 90 lbs for forward facing and 40 lbs to 120 lbs for booster
- Height is 30” to 58” for forward facing and 45” to 62” for booster
Britax Frontier ClickTight General Features:
General features are features shared by Britax Frontier ClickTight with the other Britax harness-2-booster car seat options.
- Base with SafeCell Technology designed to keep your child safe and secure in a crash by compressing and significantly lowering the center of gravity, reducing the forward movement of the car seat
- True Side Impact Protection provides deep side walls and a head restraint with energy-absorbing EPS foam to distribute crash forces, shield from vehicle intrusion, and contain the head, neck and body while keeping them “in true” or aligned
- Integrated Steel Bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash
- Energy Absorbing Versa-Tether anchors the top of the car seat to the vehicle using a two-point attachment, minimizing the amount of forward movement of the car seat. Stage-released stitching helps reduce the crash forces reaching the child
- Compatible with SecureGuard which works with the vehicle safety belt in booster mode to prevent the child from sliding under the lap-belt portion of the safety belt during impact, thus minimizing the risk of abdominal injury (accessory sold separately)
- Front-Adjust Recline for optimal child comfort
- Comfort Foam provides an extra layer of padding to cushion your child
- Quick-Adjust No-Rethread Harness easily adjusts the harness shoulder height and head restraint from the front of the seat without disassembling the harness straps
- Integrated Cup Holders and Storage are designed for easy access to children’s cups, snacks and toys
- Easy Transition from Harness to Booster Mode without removing harness straps
- Easy-Remove Cover allows easy cleaning without disassembling or uninstalling the car seat
- Color-Coded Vehicle Belt Guides provide clear indication of the path and positioning of the vehicle seat belt for use in either harness or booster mode
- Armrests provide a natural and comfortable place to rest arms
- Two Buckle Positions for your growing child
- Premium Lower LATCH Connectors included
- Harness-2-Booster converts to a belt-positioning booster seat
- Certified for Aircraft Travel in Harness Mode
- Made in the USA with global components
Britax Frontier ClickTight Specific Features
- Maximum Seated Shoulder Height for both forward facing and booster is 1” more than the Britax Pioneer 70 and the same as Britax Pinnacle ClickTight
- Maximum Height for both forward facing and booster is 2” more than the Britax Pioneer 70 and the same as Britax Pinnacle ClickTight
- 90-pound Weight Capacity in Harness Mode allows your child to remain harnessed up to 90 lbs
- 120-pound Weight Capacity in Booster Mode for safety and comfort as your child grows
- EZ-Buckle System retains the harness buckle in a forward position and prevents the child from sitting on the buckle when boarding
- HUGS (Harness Ultra Guard System) Chest Pads provide resistance to forward movement in the event of a crash
- ClickTight Installation System makes car seat installation as simple as buckling a seat belt so that now everyone can install with REAL confidence in just a few easy steps
- Fabric prints are Cactus Flower, Congo, Desert Palm, Onyx, Zebra, Broadway, Cityscape and Manhattan
Britax Frontier ClickTight Pros & Cons:
- easy to install & easy to adjust
- get your very own Britax Frontier ClickTight right here and now!
What People Say About the Britax Frontier ClickTight:
“Although pricey, this car seat is amazing with its easy install with a lap belt and the secure fit…this sucker doesn’t budge! It literally took 5 min to install out of the box and that includes us having to do a redo because we forgot to attach the top tether first before the lap belt. It is a bit on the bulky side because of the extra safety padding which pays off with our kid being comfortable on long car rides. This car seat is ideal for having to move and quickly install it between vehicles and for keeping the kiddo safe.” – Kak
“It’s HEAVY duty. My RV does not have a 3 pt belt for the rear bench seat, so I bought this to keep my kids in a harness with they sit back there. We went on a 7K mile road trip with my 9 y.o. in this and she didn’t complain. I like that the base of the seat is flat…ie. nothing protruding from the bottom that might puncture the leather seats and leave permanent indentations in the leather. I will buy 2 more when the price drops to $225 again.” – Penn State “Online Addict”
“LOVE this car seat! Super easy to move from car to car! Britax makes car seats that give me a measure of comfort knowing my children are safer. We have not had any of the problems I’ve read others have had. I will say this, if you snug up the seat belt tight before closing down the door to secure it, it can be a bit of a tight click and the squeeze release can be tight as a result, but it isn’t really a problem for us so far. I love how easy this is to move between cars.” – Jerry Girard “Jerry”
Tags:britax,Britax Frontier,Britax Frontier ClickTight,Britax Frontier ClickTight Harness-2-Booster Car Seat,Britax Harness-2-Booster Car Seat