Britax B Safe 35 Elite is the updated version of Britax’s popular B Safe infant car seat, adding Side Impact Protection PLUS to its number of safety technologies
Britax B Safe 35 Elite
The Britax B Safe 35 Elite is the updated version of Britax’s popular B Safe infant car seat, adding Side Impact Protection PLUS to a number of safety technologies that includes SafeCell Impact Protection and an Absorbing Base.
Since it is an infant car seat, it’s designed to be used rear-facing only and can be the very first seat the baby uses straight out of the hospital.
The Britax B Safe 35 Elite is 17.75” wide, 26.5” deep and 25” high, the back of which is 20” high, the seat area is 13” deep, just under 9” wide, shoulder width is 10” and the buckle strap depths are 4” and 6”.
Looking strong and sturdy out of the box and feeling smooth and well designed, the Britax B Safe 35 Elite has 6 harness slots, ranging in height from 5.5” to 11”, weighs 11.5 pounds with the base weighing another 9 pounds.
One of its features is the SafeCenter LATCH installation, a set of center-pull straps that make it simple to install LATCH straps, making the installation process easier.
Safety wise, the Britax B Safe 35 Elite provides an impact-absorbing base and steel frame, with a head restraint designed to absorb additional energy to help protect the baby’s head and neck.
Check Out this Review:
Britax B Safe 35 Elite Fit Chart:
- can be used rear facing only
- seated Shoulder Height is 6.5” to 11”
- weight is 4 lbs to 35 lbs
- height is 32” or less
Britax B Safe 35 Elite Features:
- SafeCell Complete Side Impact Protection PLUS gives the child an advanced layer of protection with an energy-absorbing head restraint designed to keep the baby’s head and neck extra secure
- SafeCell Impact Protection is an integrated system of safety components that work together to protect your child beyond the established standards. Including our Impact Absorbing Base, Impact Stabilizing Steel Frame, and Complete Side Impact Protection, SafeCell means your child is surrounded in best-in-class safety
- SafeCell Impact Absorbing Base reduces the potential for injury by compressing to absorb crash energy
- SafeCell Impact Stabilizing Steel Frame gives you peace of mind knowing there is strength where you want it most, at the connection point to the vehicle
- SafeCenter LATCH Installation provides simple, convenient car seat installation through the use of easy center-pull straps that cinch down quickly
- Streamlined Design takes up less space in your vehicle while providing best in class comfort and protection
- Click & Go System featuring a quick-release handle makes for an easy and secure attachment to any Britax stroller
- Removable Head Pillow ensures newborns heads are properly positioned and cozy
- Extra-Large Canopy provides sun and rain protection
- Easy-On / Easy-Off LATCH Connectors lock into place with an audible click and are easily released with the push of a button
- Spring-Assisted Recline and Dual Level Indicators make setting the proper installation angle simple and easy
- Easy-Release Harness Button makes it simple to loosen harness straps
- Ergonomic Handle makes carrying comfortable for the hand or forearm
- Built-in Lock-Offs ensure a snug vehicle seat belt installation with minimal effort
- Certified for Aircraft Travel
- Made in the USA with global components
Britax B Safe 35 Elite Pros & Cons:
- Increased level of rear-facing ability through higher weight limits
- extensive built-in side impact features
- comfortable fabrics, available in cactus green, cowmooflage, domino, red pepper and vibe
- compatibility with a number of Britax strollers
- made in the U.S.
- approved for aircraft travel by the FAA
- get your very own Britax B Safe 35 Elite right here and now!
- since it is an infant car seat, it can’t be used as long as a convertible or combination seat
What People Say About the Britax B Safe 35 Elite:
“Where to start great look however the red I’d very bright but I needed it ASAP and could not wait for the other colors to come out of the manufacturer. A big downside witch is also stated that it is a heavy seat. My son was a ounce shy of 9 pounds when he was born and by the time we bought this seat to replace our eddie bauer travelling set due to being in a car accident my son was just over 13 pounds so it was quiet heavy. Another negative is that where the baby is its very narrow so you have little room to get the straps around the baby I guess that may be a safety feature but even my son who loves being in his car seat fussed almost every time with this new carseat because it’s more difficult to get him in. Another downside is my son got a making on the back of his head because he heads lies straight on the embroidered tag. Him being 2 months old and having what kinda looks to be a painful mark on the back of his head did not go over well with this ftm. And it wasn’t like it was because he was laying on it to long he had been in the carseat for mayb 35 minutes. And there is no way of safely putting a barrier between his head and this tag unless I put a cap on his head every time witch is not ideal with a 2 month child.
This was my first no retread harness and I absolutely love the ease of it to just make the straps higher. I also love the padding on the straps our other carseat would leave marks on his neck from it cutting into him. I also love the ease of being able to transfer to different cars easily push the button on the latches take to the other car level (witch is also very very easy) and reconnect. I absolutely love that it has the seat belt tie off because our old one didn’t and it moved quiet a bit because of it I definitely feel like my son is as safe as he will ever be in any car when using this catseat. I also love how the canopy comes out so far. We recently bought the newest bagile stroller to go with it witch is so much easier to have it go with you everywhere with the stroller if not the carseat and child get to heavy to quick. Unfortunately only having the stroller about a week and the carseat gets sick petty much everyone when you go to disconnect. Witch is a downside when your arms are already going dead from lifting a heavy carseat and the cold inside of it. So I will have to contact britax on this situation. Like I said all in all I would recommend this Britax B Safe 35 Elite carseat to any mom but also would recommend to get the stroller die to weight.” – fwttygirl
Incoming search terms:
- britax b-safe 35 elite testing
- is britax b safe elite 35 head restraint removable